Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Scarpa: Scarpa "Mystic GTX" Approach Shoe. Premium model. Gortex lined. Vibram Sole. Climbing toe... Size 43 Eur. (10 USm)  $149.00
50% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Least appetizing climbing photo

nmonteith
19/06/2012
11:04:04 AM
I saw this pic on thecrag.com today....

The funny thing is I have actually done the route and don't remember it being too bad! Its Harpie (21) at Serpent, SE QLD.

Anyone else have unflattering pics of climbing routes?
PDRM
19/06/2012
11:20:24 AM
Looks like he's a long way off the ground for that first clip on what looks like pretty steep territory with possibly questionable rock...

P
ARidgley
19/06/2012
11:28:35 AM
Nice outward pull on the bolt too.

Snappy
19/06/2012
12:57:18 PM
He's not, you can almost reach the first bolt from the ground. the ground you see in the background id down a bit of a hill...
prb
20/06/2012
1:06:25 PM
I climb a lot of unflattering routes but normally try to take flattering photos of them!

There's two big chimneys in the Ramparts at Moonarie, Kneedeep Chimney and the Great Chimney. This shot is from the top of the second pitch of Kneedeep where you need to cave through a roof comprised of boulders for about 5 metres. The climber in the picture and I are pretty slender but we had to de-gear and breathe out to get through. A more portly friend of ours chose the harder climbing option, bridging out the front of the roof.

Big G
20/06/2012
1:25:42 PM
thats the sort of thing that got me into climbing in the first place. a 3 star uber classic for sure
technogeekery
20/06/2012
3:53:34 PM
I think the Steck-Salathe looks very inspiring:

into

Big G
20/06/2012
4:36:36 PM
I got stuck on 'worm on a razor' god knows how I'd get through there!
One Day Hero
20/06/2012
4:58:10 PM
On 20/06/2012 Big G wrote:
>god knows how I'd get through there!

Having met you, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't!

I reckon those traddy squeezes on fantastic rock look a million times more appealing than Neil's photo of chossy, ringbolted, vegetated grunder.

Big G
20/06/2012
5:26:53 PM
On 20/06/2012 One Day Hero
>
>I reckon those traddy squeezes on fantastic rock look a million times
>more appealing than Neil's photo of chossy, ringbolted, vegetated grunder.

Agreed, but the emphasis is on the LOOK part, they look fun until you have to do it.

When my school goes caving at blue water holes. Some of the kids freak out until they get told that I got through ok. Then they're happy to go through any squeeze you like.

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints