Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

Austrialpin: OVALO Straight Gate. Strength: 25 10 8kN (Heavy Duty) N/B Perfect for Racking wired Nuts? IMO   $12.00
45% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
PLAN;- Traverse of the towers plan
cjradloff76
16/05/2012
6:34:35 PM
i have a plan to traverse the towers of Ocean Plaza and Points North in Coolangatta.

its about 35 to 40 floors.

roof top to roof top.

wonder if the building owner will let us climbers traverse it.

it would make an impressive TR at the end

im planning for July/august just after i get back from 2 weeks in Cairns

Miguel75
16/05/2012
7:38:26 PM
Game on Clinton.... Looking forward to the upcoming frivolities;)

shortman
16/05/2012
7:56:41 PM
I so knew this was you Clinton!

I won't be able to make it. I'm a couple of month's into a new job, so no holidays for a while. Let me know if I can help though. Building to building would be pretty cool. Years ago when I looked at stringing a wire between a couple of buildings in Melbourne I wasn't able to come up with the insurance money when the city council got involved. This was the time when public liability was going ape shit around the world though, so it could have relaxed a bit by now. Best bet would be to do it covertly. Building owner/managers are normally not very receptive to anything hanging off the side of their buildings......but ya never know!

Duang Daunk
16/05/2012
9:38:57 PM
On 16/05/2012 cjradloff76 wrote:
>wonder if the building owner will let us climbers traverse it.

You're dreaming.
cjradloff76
17/05/2012
6:23:55 PM
im doing a vertical rescue course in July. im planning to see if we can do a rescue practice on the Kuranda Skyrail as part of the course.
One Day Hero
17/05/2012
7:07:45 PM
Hope you're doing your chin-ups mate! Those rope-rescue courses are pretty physical, you've got a month to get in top shape.
cjradloff76
18/05/2012
12:15:09 PM
ill have to see if they will fly us up to Kuranda. or maybe we might get the chance to do it at dreamworld. (although how many leadfoot drivers have they warned for bumping on the vintage cars - yes they warned me)

ive looked at cable car rescues on youtube and i find their techiques very interesting learning curve. the trouble is im going to let my training provider ask rather then us because i know they will knock us back by saying "NO" (i dont know why people are frightened that their insurance will blow out if an accident ocurrs). or if we stuff up and we have to be ones that get rescued. i hope not. lets just have fun and get the course over and done with. we can use our learning curve to conduct rescues on our own time.

There are 7 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints