Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond: SET of 8 "C4" Cams and 8 matching wire gates. Sizes .3 .4 .5 .75 1 2 3 & 4 and 8 anodised "neutrino" - wire gate karabiners.   $625.00
20% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Poll Option Votes Graph
Yes. I climb all day, every day and I'm rich! 1
6% 
No. I don't even get the time to ogle my gear!.... 0

Juggle when you climb its much easier. 4
24% 
Family first.......(please explain) 4
24% 
fight to climb. 6
35% 
make love not war 0

say your going to play cricket. 0

Yea I'm a climber and sit on chockstone all day. 2
12% 

Author
Time to climb......
skegly
24/02/2012
10:44:02 PM
Ok,
After having pretty much a year off and having a second baby, starting climbing again and having a tree change, I'm just wondering when do you get the time to climb when you get job. I've just worked silly hours over the week end then started 8 to 4.30 weekdays new job and when I do see my family I'm just a grumpy ass. The thought off going out I slap my self as time rich is all to often money poor, but money rich and time poor often is a problem.
Which begs me to ask when do we find the time to climb?

nmonteith
24/02/2012
11:22:32 PM
Weekends.
skegly
24/02/2012
11:32:51 PM
On 24/02/2012 nmonteith wrote:
>Weekends.
Family time??

benjenga
25/02/2012
5:47:40 AM
You had really want to climb and steal the time away, or get a hang board.

nmonteith
25/02/2012
6:20:55 AM
Take the family climbing on the weekends.
cogsy
25/02/2012
6:50:07 AM
Move to blackheath and pop out for some pre and after work laps!

Pat
25/02/2012
6:55:47 AM
I have night climbed easy stuff with head torches through the daylight savings period. This is great on a friday night. Get to the cliff before sunset and just launch on up. when it gets too dark switch on the lamp.

Ditto Neil's post. I have three girls who climb in my family. No enquires please.

Superstu
25/02/2012
7:55:54 AM
Big long climbing trips (3-6 months) are the only times I'm happy. It creates challenges for finding employment that pays enough to pay for trips; either consume less or work hard when you're working. Babies? Careers? Tree changes? Meh. All sound overrated.

Miguel75
25/02/2012
9:09:46 AM
I love the dawn patrol; out by 5ish, home by 11am. After that I jump into parental mode with the kidlets. I make sure my wife has plenty of 'girly' alone time for shopping or hanging out with her friends because if she's happy, I get to climb/surf unimpeded.

I have taken my 4tr old out climbing with me a number of times but it would seem someone, shifty Nanna, has whispered in her ear that only 6yr olds are able to climb... Now everytime I ask if she wants to climb she say, 'sure dad, when I'm 6!'

rodw
25/02/2012
9:23:44 AM
I have a set day on Sunday to climb, out early home mid arvo..that way the missus knows its always coming and is fine with it....the occasional family stuff i.e. BBQ's that happen on Sundays means I miss a day here and there...but in the most part it works at getting me out. If I can get a few hours on Sunday on a "non' climbing Sunday i just grab my daughter and head to the gym for a boulder....who doesn't like climbing so much but loves the sneak into KFC on the way home....lol

Also have a set indoor session on Thursday...but like Miguel make sure the missus has plenty of her own time as well when she needs it.

Eduardo Slabofvic
25/02/2012
8:01:39 PM
Move to a climbing area, start your own business, climb 3 or 4 hours a day, work 3 or 4 hours a day, sell your kids

There are 11 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints