Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop
FREIGHT FREE
in Australia

DMM: DMM ALLOY "Offset" have arrived!!! #Sizes 7 - 11. (5 piece) Range: 12 to 23.5mm. (Great Compliment to DMM Wallnuts. (Refer Peenuts for Profile) Awesome Pro!  $93.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
DWS Hawksbury

rodw
4/02/2012
11:15:22 AM
Just saw this ...cliff diving on the hawksbury....possible DWS spot?

http://www.redbull.com.au/cs/Satellite/en_AU/Video/red-bull-cliff-diving-world-series-2012-021243157726693

IdratherbeclimbingM9
Online Now
4/02/2012
12:27:40 PM
On 4/02/2012 rodw wrote:
>Just saw this ...cliff diving on the hawksbury....possible DWS spot?
>
>http://www.redbull.com.au/cs/Satellite/en_AU/Video/red-bull-cliff-diving-world-series-201-021243157726693

Hip, hop, hooray, foreeza jollygoodposter and all that kindastuff; ... as with the above post, rodw has achieved the 2,000 posts to Chockstone milestone!

Sonic
4/02/2012
1:16:41 PM
It was on Sunrise yesterday morning as well and on that coverage it looked like the platform was suspended out over the water, but the rock mainly had a shelf and vegetation directly under it. Then again it wasnt the worlds best footage for scoping out cliffs.
Dr Nick
4/02/2012
1:32:16 PM
I grew up about 2 km from there, but don't remember the cliffs that well. I have a feeling that there's a small bank beneath the cliffs that would preclude DWS along most of it, but it'd certainly be worth a look.

If it was worthwhile you'd need to pole the bottom every time as well, because that section of the river is pretty commonly infested with old wood and such that'd spoil your day if you landed on it.

benjenga
4/02/2012
2:53:06 PM
Yeah I saw this on sunrise as well and was wondering which other climbers were watching.
It looked like great rock but there were dirt and trees at the base :(

rodw
4/02/2012
3:14:40 PM
Might make for a normal crag then depending on access...anyone have an idea were it is on the map?
allnewmaterial
4/02/2012
5:38:15 PM
3331'28"S
15054'11"E

rodw
4/02/2012
7:06:09 PM
Lol how do I use that..could ya just take a screeny of google maps for me?
Dr Nick
5/02/2012
9:24:35 AM
"Riverside Oaks" should do the job. I'm pretty sure the crag is on the far side of the river, so may be accessible from Hawkesbury Waters Leisure Park which is a bit downstream. Or steal WWS's blow up boat.

There's a bit of rock near the end of O'Briens Rd, but my memory is that it was pretty crap - I checked is out a couple of times when I lived there, but never bothered to even chuck a rap line down for a closer look.

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints