Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

DMM: DMM ALLOY "Offset" have arrived!!! #Sizes 7 - 11. (5 piece) Range: 12 to 23.5mm. (Great Compliment to DMM Wallnuts. (Refer Peenuts for Profile) Awesome Pro!  $93.00
15% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
campsite etiquette whinge
hairy1
17/01/2012
11:40:54 AM
We were camped at Buandik for 5 days over the last weekend and witnessed what could only be described as "poor form" from a large-ish group of climbers.

It was a bit cold, so it wasn't unreasonable to light a fire. However they climbed over the fence in to the revegetation zone and collected firewood from there.

when my girlfriend questioned one of them she said dismissively "it's OK because we come here every weekend" and that the fences were "for the kangaroos"...

how hard is it to drive 5 min to the pine plantation and get your firewood there?

tim

Access T CliffCare
17/01/2012
12:23:34 PM
On 17/01/2012 hairy1 wrote:
>We were camped at Buandik for 5 days over the last weekend and witnessed
>what could only be described as "poor form" from a large-ish group of climbers.
>
>It was a bit cold, so it wasn't unreasonable to light a fire. However
>they climbed over the fence in to the revegetation zone and collected firewood
>from there.
>
>when my girlfriend questioned one of them she said dismissively "it's
>OK because we come here every weekend" and that the fences were "for the
>kangaroos"...
>
>how hard is it to drive 5 min to the pine plantation and get your firewood
>there?
>
>tim
Yes, that make's perfect sense. If you come there every weekend, you have the right to do as you please As you said, Bad form!
ZERO
17/01/2012
12:41:14 PM
Did you take any details? Car rego, description of people etc?
Pass it on to Parks Vic so they can be aware of it.
Fences are there to keep nuf nufs like that out, not roos.
If they asre there every weekend they should be bringing their own wood.
Obviously sports climbers or boulderers.

Miguel75
17/01/2012
9:51:46 PM
Next time, follow Tony Jaa's example;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37BMHxIIZrU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

He's not impressed by knobs doing knob things and shows them what happens when they break the rules. I particularly like it when he throws the boulderer off the landing into the little shed thingy...
widewetandslippery
17/01/2012
10:29:26 PM
When the gulf stream stops for good these people will be messiahs

IdratherbeclimbingM9
17/01/2012
10:33:51 PM
On 17/01/2012 widewetandslippery wrote:
>When the gulf stream stops for good these people will be messiahs

I imagine it would be hard to keep the gulf stream fenced in that long ww&s!
~> It would give the roos a shock too, eh what...
Do messiahs eat roast roo?
;-)
widewetandslippery
17/01/2012
10:49:26 PM
Messiahs eat roo.

stugang
17/01/2012
11:14:42 PM
On 17/01/2012 widewetandslippery wrote:
>Messiahs eat roo.

yep
tastybigmac
20/01/2012
9:34:49 AM
It pisses me off too. It happens way to regularly at Araps too. Just driving 5 mins down the road doesn't make collecting wood in the park any more legal....

IdratherbeclimbingM9
20/01/2012
9:26:18 PM
On 20/01/2012 tastybigmac wrote:
>It pisses me off too. It happens way to regularly at Araps too. Just driving
>5 mins down the road doesn't make collecting wood in the park any more
>legal....

I am surprised that some enterprising (climber?) has not already started a 'buy your firewood here' enterprise at Araps (with wood collected from elsewhere), particularly for the popular periods if the weather is amenable for fires to be lit.

There are 10 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints