Links
  Forum
  Search
  About

Sponsored By
      ROCK
   HARDWARE

Shop

Black Diamond "STOPPER" Set. (Sizes 4 to 13) - 10 pieces. Comes with a "free" karabiner for racking.   $109.00
16% Off

Chockstone Photography Australian Landscape Photography by Michael Boniwell
Australian Landscape Prints

Chockstone Forum - General Discussion

General Climbing Discussion

Author
Qld over summer?

phillipivan
27/08/2011
9:36:40 PM
Just how tolerable in the climbing in Queensland, especially around Brisbane, over summer? Im hoping kangaroo point might be pleasant in the mornings.

rightarmbad
27/08/2011
9:58:49 PM
No problem, pick your crags, pick your days.
KP is crap at any time of year.

As a climbing gym it is cheap and close, as a crag, it ain't a destination apart to experience the unusual crag in a city.
Brazened
27/08/2011
10:15:01 PM
KP is fine until 10am during summer.
egosan
28/08/2011
8:28:27 AM
You have 4 to 5 hours of nice temps and shade between sunrise and 10 am at Frog. I spent a few days there in Summer. It was beautiful. Trouble is finding something to do with the rest of your day.

When do you head up?

nmonteith
28/08/2011
11:09:52 AM
I found it horrible for the first 21 years of my life - that's why I moved south. Really humid, I was a bucket of sweat with feet in little pools.
rightarmbad
28/08/2011
2:19:42 PM
Unless you are looking for major high grade sendage, Frog is fine all year round.
There are plenty of shaded routes and days are long in summer.

Olbert
28/08/2011
6:55:04 PM
On 28/08/2011 rightarmbad wrote:
>Unless you are looking for major high grade sendage, Frog is fine all year
>round.
>There are plenty of shaded routes and days are long in summer.
>
Jeeeeeeeesus! Tell me you are joking! I was there smack bang in the middle of winter climbing shirtless in the shade and it was too hot! I have been to the Sunshine coast in summer and basically lived at the beach or in air conditioned comfort - anywhere else was too hot
Dr Nick
28/08/2011
7:18:16 PM
Froggy is doable. Get up at Sparrow's, climb till 10-ish, go to Boonah for lunch, swim in the creek if it's still accessible, climb again after 4ish. Haven't done it for many years, but did it a few times in my misspent youth.
rightarmbad
29/08/2011
1:10:25 AM
Not joking, I've climbed most summer's there for the last few years.
Humidity is quite low in Boonah in the summer, it's not like bloody Brisvegus where you walk outside for 10 mins and you need a shower.

There are 9 messages in this topic.

Home | Guide | Gallery | Tech Tips | Articles | Reviews | Dictionary | Forum | Links | About | Search
Chockstone Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography

Please read the full disclaimer before using any information contained on these pages.

Australian Panoramic | Australian Coast | Australian Mountains | Australian Countryside | Australian Waterfalls | Australian Lakes | Australian Cities | Australian Macro | Australian Wildlife
Landscape Photo | Landscape Photography | Landscape Photography Australia | Fine Art Photography | Wilderness Photography | Nature Photo | Australian Landscape Photo | Stock Photography Australia | Landscape Photos | Panoramic Photos | Panoramic Photography Australia | Australian Landscape Photography | Mothers Day Gifts | Gifts for Mothers Day | Mothers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Mothers Day | Wedding Gift Ideas | Christmas Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Gifts | Gifts for Fathers Day | Fathers Day Gift Ideas | Ideas for Fathers Day | Landscape Prints | Landscape Poster | Limited Edition Prints | Panoramic Photo | Buy Posters | Poster Prints